Harvey Weinstein Bangs New York Times and Claims $50 Million

Harvey Weinstein sure is embarrassed for the pain that he had caused but now that he feels New York Times had some reckless reporting which the American film producer finds difficult to swallow. On Thursday the Hollywood producer announced his plans to sue the paper for $50 million

Weinstein is “embarrassed” by his past behavior which may take us back to the incidents that really support such allegations. Some two decades ago when Weinstein invited Ashley Judd which the later thought to be some business meeting turned out to be one of the worst meetings which Judd recalls in an interview, that Weinstein offered her for a massage or asked her if she would like to watch him shower.

Several such allegations were tagged on Weinstein, who now plans to “fix himself” and mend his previous ways.

Weinstein who is an American film producer and studio executive and also the co-founder of Miramax said in a statement, “I came of age in the ’60s and ’70s, when all the rules about behavior and workplaces were different. I worked at a record company that, if you were five minutes late, they’d hit you with a baseball bat.”

The film producer further said, “In the past I used to compliment people, and some took it as me being sexual, I won’t do that again. I admit to a whole way of behavior that is not good. I can’t talk specifics, but I put myself in positions that were stupid, I want to respect women and do things better,”

Weinstein kept his point on why is up to sue the popular daily. He feels that the paper had been recklessly reporting and had made assumptions.

According to Fox News, Weinstein said that his team was notified about The New York Times report and they were allegedly promised that the publication would share names of people they had on the record so his team “could respond appropriately,”. But he claims the Times didn’t uphold the agreement.

In a statement to the Post, Weinstein said that, “The Times editors were so fearful they were going to be scooped by New York Magazine and they would lose the story, that they went ahead and posted the story filled with reckless reporting, and without checking all they had with me and my team.”

Weinstein allegedly reported that the NY Times article only gave his team a day to respond to the claims before publishing. He also claimed that the company is against him, alleging that they never report about the good things he’s done, but “instead they focus on trying to bring me down.”

However the NY Times told the Post that Weinstein’s team was  given the opportunity to respond to all of the allegations.

Add your comment

Your email address will not be published.